NC State Extension

Carbon Monoxide

Illustration depicting a sign with a Carbon Monoxide concept.

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide (Co) is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas. While you can’t see or smell it, breathing high concentrations of it can kill you and your loved ones within minutes. Even at low levels, carbon monoxide can make you sick. For more information, see the publications below.

Written By

Photo of Dr. Sarah KirbyDr. Sarah KirbyProfessor and Department Extension Leader (919) 515-9154 sarah_kirby@ncsu.eduAgricultural and Human Sciences - NC State University
Was the information on this page helpful? Yes check No close