Detecting Air Leaks
- Detecting Air Leaks – Here is a great Do-It-Yourself tool for detecting air leaks in your home.
- Home Energy Self Assessment – Energy efficiency is an investment that can help you gain a return on your energy bill and on the value of your home. Save money by conducting a do-it- yourself home energy assessment. With a simple but careful inspection, you can identify areas in your home where you are losing energy. this checklist will help you organize your assessment so you can pinpoint the energy efficiency improvements you need to make.
- Energy.gov – Detecting Air Leaks
- Methodology for Estimated Energy Savings from Cost-Effective Air Sealing and Insulating – Energy Star
- Air Sealing Your Home for Energy Efficiency – Explains priorities for sealing air leaks and how to find leakage
- Save Energy with Air Leakage Detection
- Finding Air Leaks Around Your Home
Sealing and Insulation – Resources to help you set project priorities, detect and seal air leaks, choose appropriate products, and complete Do-It-Yourself projects.
Sealing and Insulating your home is one of the most cost-effective ways to make home more comfortable and energy efficient — and you can do it yourself. Use This Guide to:
- Learn how to find and seal hidden attic and basement air leaks
- Determine if your attic insulation is adequate, and learn how to add more
- Make sure your improvements are done safely
- Reduce energy bills and help protect the environment