Glossary of Home Energy Terms
Last Updated 4/9/14
– To assist residents in understanding home energy, how to assess a home’s energy issues, and how to conduct energy saving projects.
Cooling Degree Day – See Degree Day
Double-pane Window – See Insulated Glazing
Electric Potential Difference – See Voltage.
Envelope (Building Envelope) – See Building Enclosure.
Incentives – see Energy Tax Credits
Tax Credits – see Energy Tax Credits
Vapor Diffusion Retarders
- Energy Star – http://www.energystar.gov/
- 2011 DOE Building Energy Code Resource Guide: Air Leakage Guide
- ACEEE – American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy http://aceee.org/consumer
- Building Science Digests – http://www.eia.gov/tools/glossary/index.cfm?id=
- BSD-018: The Building Enclosure By John Straube
Created: 2006/08/01 http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/digests/bsd-018-the-building-enclosure_revised
- U.S. Dept. of Energy – Retrofit Techniques & Technologies: Air Sealing, A Guide for Contractors to Share with Homeowners
- Dictionary of construction – http://www.dictionaryofconstruction.com/