Water Heater, Water Pipes, and Water Conservation Resources
Hot Water Heater:
- Lower water temperature setting – Materials list and step-by-step instructions
- Water Heat Savings – You can significantly reduce your energy costs and extend the life of your water heater by giving it a little attention. Water heating can account for up to 18 percent of your home’s energy, so it is worth investigating ways to make water heating more efficient.
- Water Heating Options– New Water Heaters – If you’re in the market for a new water heater or are doing homework to know what’s available once the old one quits working, you will have a variety of choices to consider and discuss with your heating contractor or plumber.
- Hot Water Tank Insulation – This is a good video/demonstration
- Insulate hot water pipes – Materials list and step-by-step instructions.
- Adjust water heater temp and install insulation blanket – First 2 minutes focusses on adjusting temperature setting. 2:00 – insulating pipes.
Tips for Saving Money on Water Heating – Ignore first 45 seconds. 3:30 – Insulation
Resources from Conserveh20.org (http://www.conserveh2o.org/):
How to retrofit an older toilet to save up to a gallon per flush
How to use your water meter to check for leaks
Sprinkler system maintenance tips
How to use a watering gauge to measure your sprinkler’s water use
Alternatives to lawn
How to cut standby power loss – Standby power loss accounts for as much as 20% of your bill. Learn where it occurs, and see three new gadgets that can help reduce it.